Baylor University is committed to provide a safe and healthy campus for faculty, staff, students and visitors. The primary objective of the fire safety program is to recognize hazardous conditions and to take appropriate action before such condition results in a fire emergency.
This goal is accomplished by:
- Establishing and conducting annual reviews and updating fire prevention policies.
- Conducting evacuation fire drills in all on campus residence halls each fall and spring semester.
- Providing fire extinguisher training to students and employees.
- Inspecting, testing and maintaining fire protection systems in accordance with federal, state and local standards.
- Conducting regular fire and safety inspections of Baylor owned properties.
- Requiring all facilities Hot Work be done by annually trained workers and a Hot Work Permit be issued for work requiring high heat, spark or a flame at any Baylor owned building.
- Require students to review Campus Living & Learning (CL&L) Guide to Community Living which outlines all fire safety related requirements.
The City of Waco Fire Department is the local fire authority having jurisdiction for Baylor University and responds to fire alarms when contacted by the Baylor University Department of Public Safety.
**Resources: Emergency Shelter-In-Place and Evacuation Placards for buildings located at the Waco campus.
To Report a Fire, Call Baylor Police @ (254) 710-2222